Welcome to Atlantic Academy, located in one of the most breathtaking settings for a school. We are a proud member of Athena Learning Trust, dedicated to empowering individuals through education. Our unique approach combines the support of a small community school, with specialist teachers and resources, to create a truly special secondary school experience.
At Atlantic Academy, we take the time to get to know our students, understanding that every student is an individual who learns and excels in their own unique way. By providing a broad range of opportunities and experiences, we aim to excite students in their learning and make sure they enjoy coming to school.
Our vision for education is clear, we believe that great education combines effective teaching, rigorous curricula, positive culture and strong community. This empowers students with knowledge and values that allow them to participate in humanity's adventures and make a positive impact on the world. Our curriculum is designed to develop the knowledge, character, contributions and wisdom of teachers, leaders, staff and students. All our school staff are role models for society and democracy, fostering students' habits, choices and character. A positive school culture and community encourages interaction, friendship, understanding and cultural diversity among students and staff.
We are committed to ensuring that no one is left behind and we are passionate about helping students reach their full potential. The ultimate goal of education is to provide knowledge, character, and values that lead to a fulfilling life. Knowledge brings freedom from limitations and the ability to contribute to the world, character helps us make ethical choices, and values guide us in how we interact with others and the world.
We would love to welcome you to Atlantic Academy to work and learn with our dedicated team of Athenian educators. We look forward to welcoming you into our school community and hope to see you soon.
We take the time to get to know our students, understanding that every student is an individual, engaging and excelling in their learning in a variety of different ways. By ensuring that students have a broad range of opportunities and experiences, we aim to excite students in their learning so they enjoy coming to school.
Our students excel in individual ways.
Valuing education and lifelong learning
- Cater for all interests in the school environment and beyond, allowing students to develop a passion for creative and academic subjects.
- Provide an environment that recognises and rewards success, and encourages students to take pride in personal achievements.
- Help students recognise the purpose and value of education.
Our students engage with their school community.
- Ensure every student and staff member has the respect to listen and has the opportunity to be heard.
- Support equality, and embrace individual strengths and differences within the school community.
Our students are excited by opportunity and experience.
Valuing curiosity and adventure
- Encourage confidence, resilience and enthusiasm for the world beyond the classroom through participation in every opportunity and experience.
- Encourage students to become global citizens.
Our students enjoy looking after their wellbeing.
- Provide a nurturing and caring environment to equip students with the skills and strategies for living a healthy, safe and responsible life.
- Surround students with nature to boost creativity, enjoyment, motivation and positivity.